TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC stops working frequently multiple times during the day

MagicalCorn
Level 2

I have NBN HFC connection with NBN50 plan.

The connection stops working (only a forceful reboot of devices fixes the issue) frequently during the day and I have to reboot (by unplugging) the NBN box and provided TPG modem. (I have tried modem only with no success)

I have checked TPG and NBN sites for any ongoing maintenance, but there is no ongoing maintenance according to them.

Please advise me on how to proceed with getting my internet fixed.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @MagicalCorn,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you are still experiencing issues, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

MagicalCorn
Level 2

I have PM'd you my username. 

I don't know if this could be caused by an old firmware in the modem? Currently the software version is HG659 - V100R001C216B111, however I don't have a way to upgrade this through the modem.

Shane

Tharnks for sending us your details, MagicalCorn.

We ran an initial test it shows no line fault and modem/router issue that could cause dropouts to the service. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

I have PM'd you my username. 

I don't know if this could be caused by an old firmware in the modem? Currently the software version is HG659 - V100R001C216B111, however I don't have a way to upgrade this through the modem.