TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - High Ping in Games

JC22
Level 2

Hello I'm essentially having the exact same problem as this poster * https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-High-Ping-in-Games-Server-down-somewhere/td-p... *

I'll copy his full post, I have not done the tracert " 

Hi, I have 100mbps NBN FTTN and the past couple of weeks I've been getting really laggy games with high ping (60-100 when it should be 20-30). TPG speedtest is fine, speedtest.net is fine, however the one in Google search is also laggy and really slow downloads. I've attached some screenshots.

Now I've had a similar problem in the past, it seems there is a server down somewhere and my traffic is getting rerouted and lagged out. So I grabbed an IP from when I connected to CS GO and did a tracert and sure enough some of them timed out. I also attached a screenshot of that.

So as far as I know there isn't really anything I can do. Of course I've tried resetting my modem several times and it persists. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks" 

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @JC22,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

We are unable to identify if the speed that you are getting is low or within range as we are unable to run some test.

Please send us a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

In the meantime, you may check our article that will guide you with some troubleshooting.

Slow speed issue, and if you are using a WiFi connection, Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Cheers!

BasilDV