TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Inhome Box Blinking Orange Light

SOLVED Go to solution
stephenthomson
Level 3

My NBN box insode the house for FTTC has been playing up the past 2 days with intermittent drop outs. This morning at 5.00am the box is showing 3 blue lights and 1 blinking orange light. The internet seems to be working ok though?

What does this blinking light mean?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
stephenthomson
Level 3

@david64 wrote:
@stephenthomson. Orange means the wifi router is connecting at 100Mbps instead of 1 gigabit. An older router.
The light flashes during data transfer.
What is the state of the lights when dropout occurs?

The Orange light is on the NBN White box on the wall and has only been flashing orange for the past 2 days. Prior to that it was flashing blue for the past year or so since the NBN wass coonected here..

My Router is a TP-Link Archer VR1600 and that has been connected without any issues since the NBN became available here also.

Here's the lights on the front of my Router if it helps:-
My Router Lights.jpg

I've just done a sppedtest and here are the results.. Way too slow, it's usually 40+
Internet Speed.jpg

View solution in original post

stephenthomson
Level 3

I have just turned off the NBN Box on the wall inside my house and the router as well.  I waited a few mintutes then turned on the NBN Box again and the Router and waited to see what happened.

It appears to be all back to normal now.

I just did another Speedtest and here are the new results:-

Internet Speed_01.jpg

In future if this happens again, I'll do the same thing before I post here seeking help and waste peoples time. My apologies to all..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15
@stephenthomson . Orange means the wifi router is connecting at 100Mbps instead of 1 gigabit. An older router.
Shane

Hi @stephenthomson,

Let us help check the network and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to proceed with the initial assessment.

How to send a PM? 

My NBN box insode the house for FTTC has been playing up the past 2 days with intermittent drop outs. This morning at 5.00am the box is showing 3 blue lights and 1 blinking orange light. The internet seems to be working ok though?

What does this blinking light mean?

stephenthomson
Level 3

@david64 wrote:
@stephenthomson. Orange means the wifi router is connecting at 100Mbps instead of 1 gigabit. An older router.

The Orange light is on the NBN White box on the wall and has only been flashing orange for the past 2 days. Prior to that it was flashing blue for the past year or so since the NBN wass coonected here..

My Router is a TP-Link Archer VR1600 and that has been connected without any issues since the NBN became available here also.

Here's the lights on the front of my Router if it helps:-
My Router Lights.jpg

I've just done a sppedtest and here are the results.. Way too slow, it's usually 40+
Internet Speed.jpg

stephenthomson
Level 3

I have just turned off the NBN Box on the wall inside my house and the router as well.  I waited a few mintutes then turned on the NBN Box again and the Router and waited to see what happened.

Internet Speed_01.jpg

In future if this happens again, I'll do the same thing before I post here seeking help and waste peoples time. My apologies to all..

Shane

Yay! I'm glad to know that the reboot of the NBN box did the trick. Feel free to create a new thread in the event you will require assistance in the future. Cheers!

Internet Speed_01.jpg