TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Speed shaping and home phone

Pads
Level 2

canan999 

At the end of August moved from ADSL2+ service with home phone to NBN.  Much trouble and 4 visits from NBN guys finally got it working.  Only have basic 10GB plan, and with all the installation drop-out problems all my data has been used up and am shaped to a little more than dial up speed which times out recovering email most times..   

My main unexplained problem is that the home phone has dial tone but I but cannot dial out.

Any-one trying to ring me has no ring tone.

I thought that with data used you should still be able to use phone.  

Also, when looking at my account, cannot see the "pay as you go" phone credit which should have transferred from my ADSL service.

Have tried reporting to the help desk, using my old ticket number,  but no reply yet.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Pads ,

The shaping speed for the NBN12 withg 10GB qouta allowance is 32Kbps / 32Kbps. You have the option to upgrade bandwidth allowance to 100GB (50GB peak - 50GB off peak) or change it to Unlimited.

More details for our NBN plans available below.

Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you .

On the other hand, to better understand what causing issues with the home phone service, drop me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Pads wrote:

canan999 

At the end of August moved from ADSL2+ service with home phone to NBN.  Much trouble and 4 visits from NBN guys finally got it working.  Only have basic 10GB plan, and with all the installation drop-out problems all my data has been used up and am shaped to a little more than dial up speed which times out recovering email most times..   

My main unexplained problem is that the home phone has dial tone but I but cannot dial out.

Any-one trying to ring me has no ring tone.

I thought that with data used you should still be able to use phone.  

Also, when looking at my account, cannot see the "pay as you go" phone credit which should have transferred from my ADSL service.

Have tried reporting to the help desk, using my old ticket number,  but no reply yet.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Pads
Level 2

Hi Shane.

Have sent PM

Pads
Level 2

Have sent another PM to you after the phone came good (incoming  and outgoing).. That was short lived, Phone indicator leds on modem sometimes on, sometimes off.. Cannot phone out, and no-one can call in..

Ongoing intermittent needs to be fixed,

Thanks Shane

Shane

Hi @Pads,

Thanks for sending us your details. This has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation, expect them to contact you when assessment is done for the next 24-48hrs via SMS or Phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Have sent another PM to you after the phone came good (incoming  and outgoing).. That was short lived, Phone indicator leds on modem sometimes on, sometimes off.. Cannot phone out, and no-one can call in..

Ongoing intermittent needs to be fixed,

Thanks Shane