NBN / TPG Outage

mrmagoos
Level 2

Are you people seriously dellusional - Melbourne in lockdown, everyone working from home with a dependency on Internet and you muppets want an outage for a entire day on Thursday 12/8!  If its not already hard enough to educate children at home and work and you clowns are now bringing down the internet, how are the kids meant to do home schooling?  How are we meant to work?  And dont tell me teather to my mobile! - maybe some of you morons need to understand reality and get a grip on life

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @mrmagoos

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure to pass this on internally.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ahra_G

mrmagoos
Level 2

what a crap canned / scripted response!

No notice, no warning - middle of a lock down and pandemic when working from home and children home schooling you clowns decide to take the internet down for a day!

Answer me...what am i meant to do with kids schooling tomorrow? (bet that not in your scripted response)

What am i meant to tell my work tomorrow?

Why the hell wouldnt you do this over night or on a weekend so as not to effect workers who are at home and school children

You are all incompetent and responding with a BS message like this, you should be ashamed you work for a compnay that allows you to respond like that!

BasilDV

Hi @mrmagoos

Based on the report from the NBN Co., the planned electricity interruption was advised by their local power supplier that may affect the NBN network.

All ISP's and NBN don't have any control on this type of outage as their electricians might need to perform some fix or improvement on a daylight for their security.

We understand that your service is still working within specification. The work schedule that they've provided is between 8AM - 4PM AEST today.

Given the time, it appears that your service was not affected by it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV