TPG Community

Get online support

NBN box keeps resetting

Tashihawk
Level 2
This has been happening with increasing frequency over the past 3 months with no NBN outages or planned maintenance. Currently even after hard reset the cycle time is approximately 3-5 minutes without ever connecting to the internet. I am still on hold trying to speak with tech support after more than 1 hour if I hear "do you need help plugging in your TPG modem?" One more Time I may lose my sanity.
4 REPLIES 4
Tashihawk
Level 2
After being on hold for more than an hour I spend 5 minutes on the phone with tech support only to be told that the problem is now escalated to NBNco...no troubleshooting steps, no information gathering other than confirming the account, seriously who calls tech support and spends hours for somebody else's internet and how would somebody not at the address know what is going on to call in the first place?
Ahra_G

Hi @Tashihawk

For service connection issues, we recommend our customers to check the following: 

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

We normally ask our customers for their account details in order for us to pull up their account information. In this way, we are also able to run remote tests on the service address and determine whether there is an outage/maintenance or a line fault is affecting the service. 

You may PM us with your details so we can check the status of your service. If the issue is indeed raised to NBN CO, then updates will be provided via phone call or SMS by our Engineering Team. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Tashihawk
Level 2
I absolutely LOVE the copy paste Mod response....especially when all the information that, A: states that there are no service issues reported also known as not an NBN outage and B: specifically points out a lack of internet connection via the NBN black box which has absolutely zero, zilch, Nada, nothing to do with Wi-fi connectivity are both stated in the initial post. Please Moderators have at least enough self respect or dignity to not just blatantly assume it is one of those problems, maybe even try reading the post and offering some insight at least that way the solution you try to peddle off may match up with the problem. If this is the general level of competence I and others can expect to receive it is no wonder that Australians can't maintain a stable internet connection...did you try turning it off and on again?
BasilDV

Hi @Tashihawk

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and provide updates with your case.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV