TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection box

birdyben
Level 3

Hi guys, I just received an NBN connection box from you guys. I am bit confused as to what I should do next after receiving it. Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hi @birdyben,

What type of NBN connection do you have in the premises?

We created an article that you may find helpful. Check the article below and let us know how it will go.

New Connection Setup Help

Regards,

Hi guys, I just received an NBN connection box from you guys. I am bit confused as to what I should do next after receiving it. Thanks 

birdyben
Level 3

I'm pretty sure it's HFC connection. Like I don't need to make an appointment with a skilled technician to come to my premise and do all the installation, right ? 

Shane

Let us check the status of the installation and see if a technician is required.

Could you send us the following details.

First name: xxxx
Last name: xxxx
Phone number: xxxx
Username / email address: xxxx
Are you the account holder?: Yes/No
Date of birth: xxx

How to send a PM? 

I'm pretty sure it's HFC connection. Like I don't need to make an appointment with a skilled technician to come to my premise and do all the installation, right ? 

birdyben
Level 3

Done, could you please check it when u get a chance? Thanks 

Shane

We got it!

Let us continue our discussion via Private Message. Please check your inbox.

Smiley Happy

Done, could you please check it when u get a chance? Thanks

birdyben
Level 3
Hii, I plugged everything in but still couldn’t connect to the internet.
Ahra_G

Hi @birdyben

We've detected that your modem is in session and should already have internet access. 

Let us know if you require further assistance. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

birdyben
Level 3

Thanks, everything is perfectly fine now. Quick question, is my connection compatible with ROG RAPTURE GT-AC2900 modem ?

BasilDV

Hi @birdyben

It appears to be compatible with your NBN HFC service since you are under the Data only plan.

To confirm, you may check with the vendor or the ASUS support.

You just need to configure it correctly with the PPPoE connection type with your TPG username and password.

Please note that the VLAN ID is not needed if you are under the Data only plan.

BasilDV