TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection drop out

Alias
Level 2
Hi,

We are new customers with TPG FTTB connection that has been rock solid for the last 2 years with Telstra since we have moved to TPG we have constant drop outs. Has been 48hrs now with no update - tech support was in helpful saying that a technician would need to attend site and that there was no eta. Not a very good start : [
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Alias ,

Thanks for raising this to us. To better understand the situation, send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and we'll chase this with our Engineering Team.

For reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards, 

@Alias wrote:
Hi,

We are new customers with TPG FTTB connection that has been rock solid for the last 2 years with Telstra since we have moved to TPG we have constant drop outs. Has been 48hrs now with no update - tech support was in helpful saying that a technician would need to attend site and that there was no eta. Not a very good start : [

Alias
Level 2

Hi Shane,

72hrs after support case has been opened, I was contacted this afternoon and was told -

- NBN technicain is now not being sent to site

- Connection was monitored for 14 hrs (?) by engineering and no fault has been found...the service was not being used at this time so really unsure as to how this could be true.

- The TPG employee the proceeded to attempt to persuade / upsell me the issue was with how many devices and how much data they were using. That I should up my plan.

- The service drop outs are experienced regulary on a Video conference application. Not throttleing, not poor connection - Complete drop out.

I also asked the representative to email me the advise, which I have not recieved.

BasilDV

Hi @Alias

Based on the investigation of our Engineers, the drop outs were not caused by a network fault.

It was caused by the over utilization of the Upload bandwidth for your NBN12 plan.

If you've experienced our TPG FTTB service, the speed is much more different with the standard NBN12 plan even though you are paying for the same price ($59.99/Month).

For the NBN12 plan, once the NBN server detects that you are going above the allocated Upload bandwidth which is 1 Mbps, then it will restart or refresh your connection to avoid further issues within their network.

Our Engineering team is composing the information that you seek and will provide you further updates once available.

Difference between TPG FTTB & NBN FTTB

Stay safe.

BasilDV

Alias
Level 2

Hi Basil,

This is contrary to the information that I have recieved from your sales team when on-boarding.

If I had known of this caveat with the NBN12 service I would have researched other ISP's or settleled with a larger plan. 

Also the members of your support team that I spoke to over the last three days are not aware of this.

In addition if this information was provided when the initial support case was raised, 72hrs ago on Friday I could have asked for the plan to be upgraded then and would have a fit for purpose service tommorow morning.

This has caused a huge inconveniece and has wasted alot of mine and your collegues time over the last 3 days.

Can the period between Friday and the upgrade to the fit for purpose plan be provided with no charge as a show of good faith ? 

Thanks,

Alias

BasilDV

Hi @Alias,

We apologise if it was not discussed upon signing up, but you may check our website for more information on our NBN plans (https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn).

We'll forward your message for assessment and further discussion with our Engineering team.

BasilDV