TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection failure last night

Cerberus13
Level 2
Hi,
About 10pm last night my NBN connection stopped working.
The NBN device is just cycling through the connection process but never connects - connect light is flashing and box clicks now and again.
Checked all the cables and turned it off for 10 minutes but still nothing.
NBN shows no issues in the area. Is there a problem in the network?
4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Cerberus13,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We're able to locate an account using your community details and we've seen that the issue with the service has been raised to our Engineering Team for investigation and assessment.

We'll chase this with them and updates will be provided when it becomes available.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Cerberus13,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and provided the case progress and Technician appointment update. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Cerberus13
Level 2

Yeah getting it sorted. Although wqas told would get a call back at 1400 today but had to ring at 1600 to get an update.

Only to be told NBN needed to do another support visit and had apparently tried to contract me - not the case at all.

The NBN connection seemed to be up but PPPoe does not get offer back from its request.

Rebooted both devices after the last update and cannot really wait until monday for this to be sorted. After reboot it seems to be working.

Going to monitor for 24 hours then may close the case if seems ok.

Not too impressed with the way updates are handled as was in all day waiting for engineers or callbacks and should not have to ring up and sit in a queue to get an update on my own case when it is expecting my response.

Rica_R

Our sincerest apologies for the experience and we thank you for keeping us posted @Cerberus13.

We can see that your connection has been stable for more than 24 hours now and an Engineer has been in touch regarding the fault update.

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.