TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection light flashing red

SOLVED Go to solution
froptoc
Level 2
My nbn router connection light has been flashing red for the past 12 hours. I have checked that my suburb doesn't have an outage and have read a few of the similar posts. I have tried restarting the router and have hit the reset button. I imagine I need a technician but it's difficult contacting tpg at the moment. Any assistance would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @froptoc,

Welcome to the community!

If you're having issues with NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area you may perform basic troubleshooting, we did an article that you may find helpful see this link below.

Troubleshooting no internet connection

In this particular case, we've seen that there is a line fault affecting NBN network causing the the service not to work. This has been raise to our Engineering Team, assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS/Phone call or Email>

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @froptoc,

Welcome to the community!

If you're having issues with NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area you may perform basic troubleshooting, we did an article that you may find helpful see this link below.

Troubleshooting no internet connection

In this particular case, we've seen that there is a line fault affecting NBN network causing the the service not to work. This has been raise to our Engineering Team, assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS/Phone call or Email>

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Clerable
Level 2
Hi there,
I have the same problem red light on NBN box with clicking relay. Tried new cable,reset, and power down still the same .
BasilDV

Hi @Clerable

Welcome to the Community!

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/troubleshooting

If you still need assistance, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV