TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

NBN connection woes

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hi Folks,

I've had a less than wonderful experience with TPG customer service while attempting to get the NBN connected at my home. 

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any fees or charges involved in cancelling my agreement to use them as my ISP before the NBN is actually connected? What happens with their equipment and any fees I have already paid to TPG?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

4 REPLIES

Hi @lachlangmunro84,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to hear that you will consider cancelling your TPG service. We understand your frustrations regarding the delay in your NBN installation.

We were able to locate the account and the case was escalated to NBN Co for further investigation of the NBN network and activation of the account.

Soon all of Australia will be connected to the NBN and while in many cases there is a smooth transition we apologise that this was not your experience. We acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays and sometimes additional appointments to complete the final installation, for which all internet providers are reliant upon NBN Co.

I will arrange a call from our Service delivery team to discuss further the updates with the progress of the NBN order.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @lachlangmunro84,

Our Service delivery team was trying to call you yesterday to no avail.

If you have a preferred time and best number to be contacted today, please shoot me a private message.

Don't know how to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Level 1a

Hi @BasilDV,

Thanks, I'll attempt to give them a call later today when I'm free.

In regards to your other message, please note my issue was not with NBN Co having to attend to activate the service. I understand that this is not in TPG's control, and the availability of NBN Technicians is also not something your organisation is able to influence. 

My issue was with the customer service related to having this organised. A TPG technician attended my property and advised that an NBN Tech would be booked and TPG would be in touch. Nobody booked an NBN Tech and nobody from TPG was in touch. I called and was on hold for an extended period of time, only to be hung up on as soon as I was connected to a customer service operator.

I then went through the waiting game on hold again and finally got through to a customer service operator in order to book an NBN Tech myself. This process wasn't managed or communicated particularly well.

Thanks,

Lachlan

Hi @lachlangmunro84,

This is noted.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV