TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connectivity issues - intermittent

Lozz1997
Level 2
Hi community!

I have been having some connectivity issues with my NBN wifi since all the NSW wild weather and a NBN planned maintenance last week

All lights on the nbn modem and TPG modem have all remained green and on throughout all of this.

However, wifi is either not working at all, extremely slow or I am having to reset the modems multiple times a day to have a boost of connection. The connection is extremely unsteady, and when it is on webpages are not loading 100%.

TPG speed test has been on and off. Most recent was 0.4 mbps sownload and 14mpbs. Google speed test has given me 0.15 mbps downloads and 5mbps upload, however this has been constantly changing to sometimes a bit more or a lot less. So something is definitely wrong as I have the NBN50 plan.

I have contacted TPG in the first instance who said everything was fine on their end, so any suggestions to fix this or escalate this would be fantastic, i and concerned something happened during NBN maintenance or the wild weather and ruined connection. I am still waiting on TPG to come back to me on this.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @Lozz1997,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you further.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G