TPG Community

Get online support

NBN dropouts continue after more than a month

garoser
Level 2

Our NBN connection has been dropping since April 26 and is now not working at all after over a month. The whole process to get this fixed by TPG has been tortuous, time consuming and infuriating.  I have had to take multiple days to be at home for continual no shows. So far 6 appointment no shows, one cancelled without notification and a technician who showed up without notice. 

• 26 April 2021 TPG appointment scheduled between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHOW. 
  • 29 April 2021 TPG technician attends. Fiddles around with connections. No improvement.
  • 10 May 2021 NBN Technicaian appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW. 
  • 11 May 2021 NBN Technicaian appointment between 1PM and 5PM NO SHOW. 
  • 14 May 2021 NBN Technicaian appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW. 
  • 14 May 2021 NBN Technician appointment rescheduled between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHOW.  
  • 18 May 2021 NBN appointment SMS received late at night for 19 May 2021. Declined due to short notice.
  • 19 May 2021 NBN Technician calls at 3:37PM to aounce he is at the house. NOT SCHEDULED. NOBODY AT HOME.
  • 21 May 2021 NBN Technician appointment scheduled beween 1PM and 5PM. CANCELLED late the night before by NBN
  • 29 May 2021 NBN Technician appointment scheduled between 1PM and 5PM.  NO SHOW. 

I am tired of hearing "We understand", "It isn't TPG, it is the NBN", "We will call you back", 'We have escalated this' - it just seems to never end.  Please stop telling me about the problems you have with your supplier. I pay TPG, not NBN, although this is likely to change in the near future. When you say you will contact me or call me back, do it.

OK, TPG sent me a SIM to establish an alternative 4G connection, but what do I put it in? Am I supposed to buy a 4G modem or make my phone inoperative to get around the problem with the NBN connection? Sorry, I don't have spare 4G modems laying around my house.

• Why should I be paying for a service which isn't working?
  • How can anyone expect me to continue to spend working days at home where the internet isn't functioning and nobody shows up?

I actually believe that the fault is probably known and understood by NBN, so they know there is no point in sending a technician. Once they do, the fault wll have to be admitted and perhaps NBN will have to acknowledge they have no solution or will have to spend money.

Raised a complaint with the TIO.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @garoser, your concern has been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team and a Complaints Resolution Case Manager will be in touch through phone call and Email to further discuss the matter.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.