NBN dropouts

jiroe
Level 2

I have been experiencing regular dropouts, the connection was fairly reliable until about 2 months ago.

Is it time for a new modem? i have an archer 1600v.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @jiroe,

We'd like to check if there's any underlying connection issue with your service that may be causing the drop outs. Have you perhaps tried doing a factory reset on the modem? 

Here are some factors for dropouts: 

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us have your TPG account details (Customer ID/username) via private message in order for us to assist you further.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

jiroe
Level 2

1. Network dropouts, this is what i am experiencing, can be multiple times a day, check NBN and TPG status pages, but have not found any reports.

I usually reboot the modem and the connection will come back.

Ahra_G

Thanks, @jiroe

Let me know of your most convenient time to receive a call in order for me to organise a call back to be made from a member of our Tech team. 

-Ahra_G

jiroe
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply, i have been quite busy.

I am available today and tomorrow (Thurs 24/02/22- fri 25/02/22)

Shane

Thanks for the confirmation, we raised this to our team and arranged them to contact you tomorrow between 10-12NN AEDST. Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply, i have been quite busy.

I am available today and tomorrow (Thurs 24/02/22- fri 25/02/22)

BasilDV

Hi @jiroe

We understand that an NBN technician has been booked to check your service further.

Any updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV