TPG Community

Get online support

NBN internet keeps disconnecting for few seconds every while

ImDying
Level 2

My internet keeps cutting out every 30 minutes or 1 hour depending on my luck. Was enjoying some video gaming with league of legends but the disconnections were very vital to my enjoyment as it would cut out during the wrong moments. This is making me anxious and after experiencing for a couple of weeks, my paitience have ran out and my family members have also caught on the problem. this never happend in last years, after i talk about same issues in online support last time, it just keep stable for a hole years, now it happend again, troubleshooting said i should trun off my router for 10s then restart can fix it, i cant restart all the time,

2 REPLIES 2
ImDying
Level 2

i even used TPG app in my phone, guess what, i said "please check ur internet and try again", after it reconnect, test my connection status.... ur internet service is online! wth???

Ahra_G

Hi @ImDying

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G