NBN modem connection

jlm53
Level 2

I had the installation completed yesterday. However the modem only appears to work in one of the telephone sockets. The one it works in is nowhere near a power outlet, so it's not practical to have the modem there.

How can we remedy this? We were not told this would happen.

Also the phone is not yet working but I understand this may take a few days.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @jlm53

Welcome to the Community! 

Based on our records, your order was tagged as Service Class 12 which means that you had ADSL before at the premises. From what I can tell, the technician that attended the appointment on November 29 worked on the Node only and jumpered your copper line (lead in) to the NBN. There are no changes made on your phone sockets at all.

This means that you may need to have the other wall socket activated by a private technician. 

The porting process takes 1-5 working days to be completed. 

Let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

jlm53
Level 2

Does this mean that the other sockets should work? I don't understand why only one works now.

Ahra_G

Hi @jlm53,

The only way to know if the other wall sockets are working is to connect the modem. As advised, the technician only activated the wall socket and did not make any changes on the other ones. 

Your homephone should only be connected on the phone port 1 of the supplied modem as the homephone is now a VoIP service. 

Here is a guide on how it should be set up: Fibre to the Node/Building (NBN FTTN/FTTB) Setup Guide

Regards,

Ahra_G