TPG Community

Get online support

NBN no internet connection

SOLVED Go to solution
mattrodgers
Level 2
Our NBN internet connection has suddenly gone down. All 4 blue lights on the NBN FTTC connection box are on. Using the standard NBN modem supplied by TPG. The power, LAN, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz lights on the modem are all on but no internet light. Have tried resetting the modem and unplugging both the NBN box and modem and checking all cables are fine. Crazy that the TPG call centre closed at 9pm on weekends!! Anyone on here able to assist?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattrodgers
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. My internet connection was restored this evening after being down for approximately 48 hours. Seems that it was an NBN issue as TPG confirmed no issues on your end and then I got a text this afternoon saying NBN was doing emergency maintenance in the area and then a short while later it was back.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @mattrodgers . Is it the LANx light on corresponding to your computer connected or the WAN light?

If you pressed the reset button, can you check if the router has the proper configuration?
PPPoE, your username, password, and VLAN ID=2.

Brownie
Level 2
Mine has gone down also - will be using 4G until they “open” at 9.00am tomorrow
Loihualoi
Level 2
I have the same issue. Wan/ddl lights are fine. Just the single internet light not lighting up
landonkoo0207
Level 3
I’ve just contacted tpg via twitter @TPG_telecom with the exact same issue, and they refreshed the connection on their end, and the internet is now back on working. Worth reaching out twitter, as it seems like the quickest way to get any response.
Ahra_G

Hi @mattrodgers

I've managed to locate your account and recent updates indicated that the connection issue is now raised to our Engineering Team. 

I'll chase this with their team in order to check for any updates available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

-Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @Brownie, @Loihualoi and @landonkoo0207,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

Recent remote tests indicated that all of your connection is now up and running. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

-Ahra_G

mattrodgers
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. My internet connection was restored this evening after being down for approximately 48 hours. Seems that it was an NBN issue as TPG confirmed no issues on your end and then I got a text this afternoon saying NBN was doing emergency maintenance in the area and then a short while later it was back.