NBN outage

Kat3
Level 2
I received this message at 7:38pm, 3 hours after the issue started: “TPG: Our wholesaler NBNCo is investigating an outage in your area which may be affecting you. We'll send updates. For more info, visit tpg.com.au/nbnoutage.” Then another message at 8:45pm: “ TPG: NBNCo is still investigating an outage in your area which may be affecting your NBN service. We'll update you once it's resolved.” and absolutely no update since and it is now 11:18pm. What is happening? Will I be credited for this issue? Can I have an update please? Thank you.
It’s now 10:06am on 28/12 and still nothing. I called the technical support and was told they have no timeframe for a fix. I’m supposed to be working from home and need the internet. Can someone please tell me what’s going on?
2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @Kat3

We're sorry to learn that you are experiencing issues that was part of an ongoing outage. 

Here at TPG, we will always do our best to provide you a quality service, a great experience and resolve any issues quickly and effectively. 

However whilst we will endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment and force majeure events.

Recent update shows that the issue resides within the network that is managed by a third party network provider. NBN has engaged the third party network provider to provide a field tech to investigate the fault. 

They have provided an ETA which is on 29 December 2020. 

You may also check updates via the NBN Outage page: https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

-Ahra_G

Kat3
Level 2
Thank you for the reply, but not having a technician out until tomorrow is unacceptable. The outage occurred on 27/12, how is it that no one can come out for two days to fix this? I am supposed to be working from home today and am unable to do this. The fact that a third party operator is not being engaged for another 24 hours again is ridiculous. Perhaps another third party should be engaged that can actually turn up and do the job that we are paying for. I have tried contacting NBNCO but they are closed. This should be escalated. I have had better service when living in the country over 250kms from a city.