TPG Community

Get online support

NBN random drop outs

SOLVED Go to solution
sergevoina
Level 2

Hello TPG,

I've been experiencing random drop outs for quite some time. Usually the connection is automatically restored in less than a minute, but this is really frustrated especially when in a meeting over Zoom. 

Could you please check the service settiings on my account and adjust if required.

Thanks

Serge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @ericchu18

Thanks for letting us know. I will pass this information along to our Engineering Team. The assigned Engineer has tried contacting you today to no avail. 

An SMS was sent in which you can reply to to advise your best time to be contacted. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @sergevoina 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have seen the connection dropouts.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network, but will escalate the case to our Engineering team for further investigation.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

ericchu18
Level 2

Hi,

I am also having the same issue lately, random drops out every few hours and usually restored in less than a minute. Can you please help and resolve this issue? Thanks

Regards
Eric

Ahra_G

Hi @ericchu18

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In your case, we have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please make sure to leave your modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Kindly await updates via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ericchu18
Level 2

Hi

I have received a new modem and have it installed, however, it did not help at all, drop outs occurs every 1 - 2 hour which is extremely annoying, please note that this only happened after a recent maintance job done in my suburb (which i found out that day as i didn't have internet for a few hours). Thanks

Regards

Eric

Ahra_G

Hi @ericchu18

Thanks for letting us know. I will pass this information along to our Engineering Team. The assigned Engineer has tried contacting you today to no avail. 

An SMS was sent in which you can reply to to advise your best time to be contacted. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G