TPG Community

Get online support

NBN random dropouts becoming for frequent

Fiery
Level 4

I have noticed over the past month maybe I would drop out once a week.   Prior to that very rarely did I disconnect from the internet.

Then I noticed the dropouts were happening more frequently,  tonight I have spent more time offline than on.  Of an evening is my turn to escape from reality so I will start an online game, doesn't matter what game Backgammon to WC3 TFT, I will lag, then be booted from there server, or it could be something as simple as trying to watch a show or a movie on Netflix

As I said it could be a boot from MSN or Battlenet, / Netflix all I know is my patience is wearing thin.

On the very rare ocassion the DSL will go out, more often than not though, no lights go off the router, not initially anyway.  At which point in time I perform the standard "Monkey" tests, turn the router off, more recently since the dropouts have beccome more frequent, replace my phone line cable, put a new Lan cable in (I prefer LAN over WiFi), for STABILITY which over the past fortnight has been anything BUT stable!

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @Fiery, we have checked the status of your connection and we are not detecting any fault on the line or network that may affect the service stability at the moment.

In fact, the connection looks stable. Do you normally check the speed as well as we are suspecting a possible bandwidth utilisation issue?

Fiery
Level 4

I am the only person using the Internet, and yes I do speed tests

BasilDV

Hi @Fiery,

We are not able to detect any issues within the NBN network.

Do you experience the issue at a specific time? What's the result of your speed test?

Kind regards,

BasilDV