NBN service

rgwaldie
Level 2

On the morning of 30th March, I noticed my NBN speed had reduced significantly.  Historically, when I do a speed test on my service, I usually get approx 25 Mbps download and 4.7 Mbps upload. Since 30th March, I am now getting approx 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.  Coincidentally, I have noticed that since the speed reduction, my speed test result shows that my provider is IINET.  Please explain.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @rgwaldie

Speedtest offers a network of over 10,000 hosted servers around the globe so that you always have testing options. At the start of a test, Speedtest automatically chooses a nearby server with a fast ping result to measure the maximum potential of your internet connection.

You can always change the testing server to a different one than the default selection and we encourage testing to different servers to compare results.

I believe the assigned Engineer sent you an SMS pertaining to the status of the raised fault regarding the connection issue. I would recommend to respond to the SMS for direct assistance. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G