TPG Community

Get online support

NBN sync speeds lower since outage

SOLVED Go to solution
maddisonb
Level 2

Hey there!

On September 24th we lost NBN (FTTN) connectivity and called TPG. The customer service rep we spoke to said there was an outage in the area (Newtown / Erskineville) and service was restored within about 1.5h.

However, since then, our line rate / sync has been about 25mbit lower. Before the outage we had a rocksolid 100mbit and for the last 2 weeks we've only been syncing at ~70 - 75mbit. SNR margin which was previously between 6 - 7db is now sitting at ~12db.

Can anyone help to run check if a stability profile was applied to our service and hasn't been removed since service was restored? Or check the line? Would love to get back to our previous max speeds.

Let me know if you need me to send through any of our service details.

Thank you!

Maddison

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @maddisonb

Thank you for providing your account details and the screenshots via PM. We performed a refresh on your connection and we're able to see that your modem is detecting a sync speed of 94Mbps. Kindly check from your end and let us know if you still require further technical assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @maddisonb 

Welcome to the TPG Community!

We'd like to look into it to understand the situation. We tried searching for your account using your community details to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the screenshot of the modem sync rate before and after the outage (If available).

Regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @maddisonb

Thank you for providing your account details and the screenshots via PM. We performed a refresh on your connection and we're able to see that your modem is detecting a sync speed of 94Mbps. Kindly check from your end and let us know if you still require further technical assistance.

Regards,

maddisonb
Level 2

Perfect. Thank you!

Shane

Hi @maddisonb,

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!