NBN

Winston
Level 2

Hello, I would like to ask if TPG will totally decommission all NBN cables and instead will use the wireless broadband? I was called and offered to try the wireless broadband for 7 days. They inform me TPG will no longer use NBN with modems & cable and instead will move forward to a modem-free wireless router.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Winston,

The NBN is the National Broadband Network that is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. 

The NBN Fibre Technology is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. Once the NBN has rolled out in your area, you will have 18 months before the old network (ADSL) will be switched off if you're still on it.

Unfortunately, there's no way of getting around this, everyone will have to move over eventually as all copper lines will soon be decommissioned. 

Although, not all areas will have the same type of NBN technology installed at a particular area. One area may have wired connection whilst others may have wireless or satellite connection.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,

Ahra_G

david64
Level 15

@Ahra_G . I think @Winston is asking if TPG has a strategic direction to abandon user access via NBN and its own FTTB infrastructure in favour of wireless broadband. Unless both user and TPG service agent mis-understood each other.

Ahra_G

I may have missed that, @david64.

@Winston, could be pertaining to the Home Wireless Broadband. Although he did ask regarding the decommissioning of the copper lines. 

Winston
Level 2

Hello,

Thanks. I do not know if copper wires for NBN main line were installed here because my previous NBN was wired (modem plus router), then offering me to shift to a wireless broadband is somewhat weird because I am using NBN. Anyway no big deal on this issue as long as I know the old lines will be replaced, that would be great for the improvement of NBN services.