TPG Community

Get online support

NBN100 plan but only getting 50mbps on FTTC

cheekyage
Level 2

Hi all

Ive just recently switched to FTTC and signed up for the NBN100 super fast plan, however, I am only getting speeds of just over 50mbps.

The super fast NBN100 plan mentions it can reach typical evening speeds of 78.2mbps, is there any reason as to why I am not able get the minimum evening speeds when I’ve chosen the higher speed plan?

I am using the supplied NBN utility box, D-Link 1600 router, located in Beverly Hills NSW. 

Any additional info, help and options would be great. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @cheekyage 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the NBN line and was not able to detect any fault within the network.

Did you test the speed via a WiFi connection or a Wired connection? We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue.  Refer to this link.

We've also reset the connection remotely to give us a fresh start.

Once you've done with the troubleshooting and the speed issue persists, please let us know and will check it further.

Regards,

BasilDV

cheekyage
Level 2

Thanks Basil.

So if there is no fault with the NBN line why does my speed feel like it's being throttled when I've chosen the NBN100 $89 per month plan to get the higher speeds?

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @cheekyage,

We don't do such thing to our customers service.

The actual throughput speeds may vary due to various factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG or other service provider. Also, connecting via WiFi may give you a different speed result since the signal is prone to interference.

Have you tested the speed again after we've reset your connection? Have you tried the troubleshooting in the article that I've provided you?

Once you've done the troubleshooting and the speed is still slow, please let me know and we'll check it further with the help of our Tech team. You may also contact them for real time support at 13 14 23 Option 2 + 2.

BasilDV

cheekyage
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

Thanks for your reply.

I have done an isolation test by disconnecting all my connected wifi and wired devices until I was left with only 1 device on my network.

I verified this by accessing the Tp-Link 1600 router.

I have again conducted multiple speed tests using the custom TPG server (http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/) to still only reach 52.1mbps on both wifi and wired connections.

I've also reset the modem to still get the same 50mbps speed.

Please advise.

BasilDV

Thank you for the information, @cheekyage.

It appears that you've contacted our Tech team and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation.

You'll be contacted via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

Regards,

BasilDV