Netflix IP blocked

SOLVED Go to solution
hsnien70
Level 2
Hi there,

For the past couple of days I have been unable to access content on Netflix. If I try to access it, it comes up with "You seem to be using an unblocker/proxy". I have already contacted Netflix and was informed to go to my internet provider.

What can I do this rectify this as I am not using an unblocker or proxy from my knowledge. I have been with TPG for a long time and this is the first time this has occurred.

Kind regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@hsnien70 . The "internet" address should match whatismyip. There are a few other addresses: DNS which are at TPG (translate www names to ip addresses), gateway is the next device outwards from the NBN box. The router has its own ip address on the local network (usually 192.168.1.1).

I'd be asking Netflix why they think your address is no good. The address that Netflix sees is your real ip address. It is dynamic so can change from time to time. You could try rebooting the router to get a new address and access Netflix again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @hsnien70 . Login to your router and note the public ip given by TPG. 

Then go to www.whatismyip.com   . It shows you the ip address received by that web site.

If they are the same, you are not using proxy or vpn.  Netflix may have blacklisted your address when it was used by someone else.

Reboot your router will give you a new address. Try Netflix again.

hsnien70
Level 2
Hi @david64,

Thanks for responding! So I logged in to my router and I found that theres two IP address - one under "internet" and "LAN". One matches to what is given on whatismyip but the other one doesn't. Is that normal?

Thank you
david64
Level 15

@hsnien70 . The "internet" address should match whatismyip. There are a few other addresses: DNS which are at TPG (translate www names to ip addresses), gateway is the next device outwards from the NBN box. The router has its own ip address on the local network (usually 192.168.1.1).

I'd be asking Netflix why they think your address is no good. The address that Netflix sees is your real ip address. It is dynamic so can change from time to time. You could try rebooting the router to get a new address and access Netflix again.

hsnien70
Level 2
Thank you so much! I will contact Netflix and figure out what's going on.