TPG Community

Get online support

No Internet connection

Hb
Level 2
Level 2
Hi there, there is no Internet connection here since last Friday.
There is WiFi signal but it shows no Internet connection. I've tried to go to 192.168.1.1 but it shows 'Unreachable'.
Can anyone help me out please?
7 REPLIES 7
Will

Hi @Hb 

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, we pulled up your account and ran diagnostic tests. From what I gathered, your modem detects a signal on the line, but is currently not authenticating to our server. It appears that the modem's settings may have been set to default or that your modem fails to communicate.

When you mentioned that you get "Unreachable" status when you try to access the modem page, does that mean to say that you were not able to load the interface of the modem at all? If that's the case, please restart the modem to see if that will do the trick. If that still fails, as a last resort, reset the modem and reconfigure the settings back.

If you need assistance with modem configuration, let us know so we can organize a call from our Technical Team to assist you. Just send us a PM with your contact number and preferred time for a call.

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @Hb 

We haven't received a response from you yet.

Since your modem is still not authenticated, I took the liberty to raise a callback with our Technical Team to assist you further. Please expect a call between 3-4PM QLD today on the mobile number we have on file.

Hb
Level 2
Level 2
Sorry for the late reply.

The reason why I didn't respond your note is that I cannot actually touch or even see the modem cause it's been locked in another room which I can't get in, so the advises you gave to me (restart or reset the modem) were not applicable.

So is there any other ways to figure this out?
BasilDV

Hi @Hb,

We've raised this with our Tech team and someone will be in touch with you between 3PM - 4PM QLD time today.

Regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @Hb 

We can see that you were contacted yesterday by our Technical Team. After exhausting all possible troubleshooting steps, unfortunately, the next ones will require you to have physical access to the modem.

Let us know once you have access to the room where the modem is located.

Hb
Level 2
Level 2
Hi there,

I got the key of the room and finally got access to physically see the modem.

I've reset the modem and I can connect to the Internet now.

Thank you so much for your support.

Kind regards,
Kerena
Shane

Hi @Hb,

We're glad to know that the issue has been rectified, in the event that you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to create a thread here in our community or send us a PM.

Cheers! Smiley Happy