TPG Community

Get online support

No Lan connection on VR1600v

soulmate01
Level 2

I have just had the NBN connected at home.. Quick job, thank you. 

The supplied VR1600v modem is not working with LAN connections. Works fine on WiFi, but nothing on any of the LAN connections. 

After reading forums, it appears a firmware update may be required, then please do it. 

If its not the Firmware, then everything worked fine when I removed the old ADSL2+ modem. IP ranges are set the same, its a straight swap.. 

13 REPLIES 13
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @soulmate01 Can you provide some more details about your LAN issue, does the corresponding LAN 1 - 4 indicator on the front of the VR1600v light up when a device is connected? What types of device/s are you connecting, PC, MAC, Foxtel iQ etc?

soulmate01
Level 2

The lights on the front come on. 

I am connecting 3 POE switches and an IP PBX to the device

From the POE switches, they go to Cameras, Cisco Phones, Apple Macs, Smart TV's, Apple TV's, Smart Home interface...

How much more do I need to elaborate?

As I stated in teh beginning, it all worked great with my old NetGear ADSL2+ device.. Now its not doing anything. 

In the web UI under Wired devices, it's not seeing anything.  

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @soulmate01 It's a process of elimination so questions need to be asked, is the default DHCP ON setting still enabled on the VR1600v? Are the POE switches managed? Have you tried bypassing the switches and connecting devices directly to the VR1600v?

2fly
Level 5

@soulmate01 

If what you're saying is correct about the IP range "IP ranges are set the same, its a straight swap.. "

If you were using Netgear before then just change the IP settings of the TP-Link.

TP-Link uses 192.168.1.xxx

I recon you're Switch and other devices are using 192.168.0.xxx IP range which what is Netgear normally uses.

It's just a simple IP conflict between the TP-Link and your devices

soulmate01
Level 2

YES I HAVE

soulmate01
Level 2

If you read what I wrote previously, You will see that I have changed the IP range on the new router to suit teh Netgear device.. 

The WiFi is working correctly, the LAN is not working

I have disconnected the Switches and plugged straight into the LAN ports and it still does not work

CAN YOU PLEASE UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE, AS THIS APPEARS TO BE THE ISSUE FROM PREVIOUS POSTS

Shane

Hi @soulmate01

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your community details and requested a firmware upgrade for your modem/router.

Note: Updates will be provided within 24hrs.

On the other hand,

If you read what I wrote previously, You will see that I have changed the IP range on the new router to suit teh Netgear device.. 

The WiFi is working correctly, the LAN is not working

I have disconnected the Switches and plugged straight into the LAN ports and it still does not work

CAN YOU PLEASE UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE, AS THIS APPEARS TO BE THE ISSUE FROM PREVIOUS POSTS

We'd like to confirm if you have tried connecting a device (i.e Desktop/Laptop) directly to the supplied modem/router's LAN port. If so, how did it go?

Regards,

marco1964
Level 2
I just got sent out a second router because LAN wasn't working on the first router and the replacement router is the same LAN doesn't work, I wish I didn't go nbn now, and I also have to pay for the return postage!
BasilDV

Hi @marco1964,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Sorry to hear that the LAN ports are not working on the modem that we've provided.

We'll chase this with our Technical support team and have someone to call you today for further checking.

They'll be in touch with you between 5:30PM - 6:30PM today.

BasilDV