TPG Community

Get online support

No home phone dial tone - Taringa QLD

mark_wells
Level 3

Hi all,

My home phone has no dial tone this morning, my ADSL2 internet speed has dropped to half the usual. I have noticed that Telstra have been installing NBN cables in the street on Friday, and the support pages indicated that Indooroopilly had maintenance on NBN cables overnight (a neighbouring suburb, but I am on Toowong exchange, not Indooroopilly). Please investigate why my home phone is no longer available, and restore my ADSL2 back to full. Thanks.

Mark Wells

plan is ADSL2 + home phone

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @mark_wells 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've edited your post as it contains your account username. Please refrain from posting your account details on a public thread as it may compromise your account security.

We've detected a possible fault within the copper network, which may have caused the issue.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team and they'll be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours once an update is available.

Regards,

BasilDV

Riezl

Hi @mark_wells, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch via SMS and discussed the progression of the case.

The team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will contact you as soon as a new update becomes available.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.