TPG Community

Get online support

No internet after powersurge and replaced modem

nicken
Level 2

Hello there! Apologies for the lengthy post but I'm hoping as much information as possible will help, since tech support has me going in circles.

On Monday 22nd Febuary, our Huawei HG659 modem was unfortunately fried due to a powersurge during a storm. The modem itself was plugged into a powerboard along with the NBN box, however the NBN box still appears to be working (all 4 lights are green and solid).

TPG was called and were kind enough to send out a replacement modem/router (TP-Link Archer VR1600v) which I recieved on the 25th. Upon setting up the new modem, the internet light became a solid green and showed it had internet connection within the modem settings. The NBN box is also still fully lit up and green. However I cannot access any websites, any downloads/uploads, nor can I perform any sort of speedtest. On the rare occasion I can half load a google search but that's as far as I can get. Any other webpages simply load endlessly. It's almost as if my speeds are just too slow to do anything. This has been tested on both wired and wireless connections.

I called tech support and went through the usual trouble shooting with no success. I was then told i'd be contacted within 24 hours from engineering, to which I wasn't contacted. I called back more than 24 hours later and I was told that the issue has now been raised to NBN, and i'll be recieving a call within 12-24 hours.

48+ Hours passed and no calls or updates. I called back myself and they finally decided to send out a technician (no mention of NBN). The technician came out on Wednesday 3rd of March and discovered the same issues I was having, aswell as with their own test equipment. They said they'll be informing NBN on the issue and that i'll be updated soon. I called the same night to confirm the issue has been forwarded to NBN. TPG called back on Thursday to update me on the issue and that they are still coordinating with NBN, and I will get a call back within yet another 24 hours.

Fast forward to Saturday (today) with no updates. I called up tech support again asking for updates to the issue and they said NBN wasn't able to find any issues on the network, and that TPG will be sending out another technician. Apparently I am guaranteed  to be recieving a call about a tech coming out, but at this point i'm having my doubts.

It's now been 13 days of no internet. I work from home, while running my own business which of course requires the internet, and because of this i'm unable to work. Being told to wait 24 hours (and mostly not being updated within the timeframe) everytime I call up about my issue is getting quite frustrating. I decided to post here in hopes that my issue will get additional support and hopefully be fixed very soon, since i'm in dire need of it back up.

If you need any additional information feel free to ask!
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
nicken
Level 2

Update
This morning I recieved a text stating the following:
"Our tests show your service is now working. Fault ticket #11247948 is now closed and any technician appointment is cancelled."

First of all, the issue is not fixed at all. I cannot access any services, cannot download, cannot upload, and I cannot completely load any webpages at all, making everything inaccessible. Yesterday I was told I will be contacted today for an appointment for a technician to come out and now all of a sudden my ticket is closed and my issue is being neglected.

Secondly, closing a support ticket without confirming with the customer that the issue has actually been fixed is just plain stupid.

I called TPG up following this and they have opened up another ticket and I ONCE AGAIN have to wait 24 hours for a call back. This is ridiculous!

BasilDV

Hi @nicken

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send us a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly/

BasilDV