TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection - internet light not coming on

Red33
Level 2

Hi

Whilst trying to resolve our poor wifi strength I unplugged the ADSL/Phone line from the wall socket disconnecting the internet from our modem.  When I reconnected it, the internet signal had been completely lost. I reset the modem to factory default settings, which has not helped. My computer connects to the WiFi, however, the modem does not connect to the internet. Everything is properly plugged in and nothing has been damaged. Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue as soon as possible, so we can have internet connection soon? 

Thank you and I look forward to your speedy reply.

6 REPLIES 6
2fly
Level 5

@Red33

It's very unlikely that the modem or the cable got damage when you unplug it.

Well let's start with your modem. What's your modem and what kind of internet do you have "adsl or NBN"?

And also which light on the modem are on and solid?

Red33
Level 2

Hi 2fly, thanks for responding.

We have a TP-Link Archer D7 (ADSL2+).

The only lights on the modem which are solid are:

- Power; and

- Wireless (Computer can connect to router but does not receive internet).

The other lights are not coming on at all (i.e they are not flashing).

JongR

@Red33 wrote:

I reset the modem to factory default settings, which has not helped. My computer connects to the WiFi, however, the modem does not connect to the internet.

Resetting your modem to factory settings will cause it to lose its TPG ADSL2+ service connection settings.

You need to input those settings into your modem again.

General settings for TPG ADSL2+ service can be found here:

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/generalsetting.php

There's also a Community article for a general guide in setting up your modem:

ADSL Setup - General Setup

You may also need to download the instruction manual for your specific modem on the web for a more detailed guide.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Red33
Level 2
Hi
Thanks for replying.
Ive managed to set up the modem using the information you provided, however the connection issue is still an issue.
The modem has failed to connect to the WAN and the DSL Line status is showing as disconnected.
Riezl

Hi @Red33,

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address so we can take a look at your account and check the status of your connection.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Red33
Level 2

Hi

Thank you for your help, however i called TPG technical support yesterday and the issue has now been resolved.

Thank you