TPG Community

Get online support

No nbn Internet access, urgently need Internet

ryankeeprunning
Level 2

Hi, I've received my modem and got a email saying my nbn installation is ready. However, I connected the modem to the Internet socket but still no internet access (the Internet light on modem is also off). I urgently need Internet access as I'm working from home while my cellular data is running out. BTW, I don't think I could find a nbn connection box in the apartment, and I'm not sure if I need that.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @ryankeeprunning., 

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN Installation has different Service Class types. Yours is under Service Class 3 which means that the service can be activated remotely; meaing the equipment is already installed specially the NTD. The Service Class types are being determined by NBN Co and is relayed to NBN ISPs database. 

Therefore, there was no technician sent as NBN Co's database indicated that your service address is NBN-ready and is for remote activation.

I would recommend to ask the building admin of the whereabouts of the NBN NTD. This is oftentimes a common case with units/apartments. 

In your premise, please look for an ethernet port and make sure that the ethernet cable is connected to the WAN port on the modem. 

I have also organised a call back to be made today from a Case Manager to assist you with the status of the connection. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ryankeeprunning
Level 2

@Ahra_G Thanks for the reply. I've found the connection box and connect it to the router following the diagram I found in parcel with the router. I still can't access Internet as the indicator light of Internet access on router (the 4th light) is orange, and the Unid 1 port indicator light on nbn connection box is also orange (optical and power are both green). I just called tpg again and talked to a technician, but the problem seems to be tricky and he referred the issue to the engineering team.

Riezl

We will chase this concern to our Engineering Team and make sure that an update will be provided as soon as it becomes available.