No service

Mogg
Level 2
Hi, I feel a need to let the community know quite how woeful TPG's service is when things go wrong. I'm on day 18 of no internet and whilst I appreciate things go wrong (the issue is with the NBN network) providing no timeframe as to when this will be fixed, not answering emails, not offering any alternative means of accessing the internet and STILL taking my money (and threatening to charge me more for using all my mobile data due to needing to hotspot 24/7) is not acceptable. The moderator on here has been helpful but unfortunately it hasn't resulted in any meaningful action. If you haven't already signed up to TPG I strongly recommend you consider a different provider
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi Mogg,

We understand how much the importance of the internet access, particularly when it has been 18 days of no connection. Our Engineering Team is working around-the-clock to fix the issue with the help of NBNCo. Based on the latest update we are still awaiting feedback from NBNCo.

We will request a billing adjustment to compensate the downtime, however, we would like to set your expectation the this will discuss once the fault is resolved. 

This has been raised to our Engineering Team and expect them to contact you tomorrow to discuss details of the alternate access while waiting for the resolution of the open fault.

Regards,

Hi, I feel a need to let the community know quite how woeful TPG's service is when things go wrong. I'm on day 18 of no internet and whilst I appreciate things go wrong (the issue is with the NBN network) providing no timeframe as to when this will be fixed, not answering emails, not offering any alternative means of accessing the internet and STILL taking my money (and threatening to charge me more for using all my mobile data due to needing to hotspot 24/7) is not acceptable. The moderator on here has been helpful but unfortunately it hasn't resulted in any meaningful action. If you haven't already signed up to TPG I strongly recommend you consider a different provider

Mogg
Level 2
Thank you for your reply. Please can you ask the engineering team to call me today. I'm fed up of receiving emails that don't answer my questions, replying to them repeating my questions and then not receiving a reply. I've been promised two calls from TPG - I gave specific times when I would be available and was assured I'd receive a call - but I didn't receive either of them, so my expectations are low that anyone will actually call today. But any influence you can bring to bear on this would be most appreciated. In the meantime I'll contact Optus and see what they are able to offer me - it's a shame I have to do this given I've been a TPG customer for many years. Day 19 today! Thank you.
Angeli

Hi @Mogg

I will have the senior case engineer to call you via mobile today before 11AM SYD. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Mogg
Level 2
Hi, thank you for your note. No one bothered to call me. Seriously - I am absolutely furious about the way I'm being treated. 19 days with no internet and no attempt to offer any meaningful support in the meantime. I will be escalating this as far up the chain as I can. So now on my weekend I need to go to an Optus store to see if they can offer me some form of connection.
Angeli

Hi @Mogg

The case engineer has tried to call you to no avail. A voicemail message has been left regarding the on-going case on your account. NBN has identified a performance issue since 15 Mar 2022 with one or more of the impacted services and will be proactively undertaking optimisation activities to work to resolve the issue. At the moment, there is no estimated time of restoration but our engineering team is closely monitoring your case, so you'll be updated on a timely manner. 

Regards, 

Angeli