TPG Community

Get online support

Not what I expected

SOLVED Go to solution
philadelphia
Level 2
Hi
So I had my NBN installed yesterday, and the download and upload speed is not what I was expecting to have. I have the NBN100 and the speed even around 12am it was 38-39 mbps and the upload was under 10mbps. It is different than it used to be on adsl but I’ve expected to have higher download and upload speed.

Do you guys think it might be because I’m a bit far from the point that gives me the internet connection? The modem is close and I’m connected through cable but the actual internet comes from about 100m.

Could that be a problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

You are correct your line to the NBN node is around 1120m, and this is why you’re not able to achieve the full speed of your NBN100 FTTN plan. Your current sync rate is 44.3Meg down and 10.3Meg up. This speed is good for your line length, but there isn’t much point being on the NBN100 plan. I recommend you look at changing your plan down to the NBN 50 plan.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

You are correct your line to the NBN node is around 1120m, and this is why you’re not able to achieve the full speed of your NBN100 FTTN plan. Your current sync rate is 44.3Meg down and 10.3Meg up. This speed is good for your line length, but there isn’t much point being on the NBN100 plan. I recommend you look at changing your plan down to the NBN 50 plan.

Regards,

Karl

philadelphia
Level 2
And if I get the NBN50 will I be able to have at least 40mbps during the day? Or because the plan is lower, the speed during the day will be much lower than it is now
KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

I would expect the speed to be around what you are getting at the moment.

Regards,

Karl

philadelphia
Level 2
Ok thanks for that. And what about the payments that have been Made because of the change of plan? I already payed the new plan for this month in advance
KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

The billing side I don't know much about. I'll request for someone from our billing team to contact you back if you like?

Regards,

Karl

philadelphia
Level 2
Yes please thanks. Please ask them to contact me through email. Thanks
KarlB

Hi @philadelphia 

I have requested for our Billing Team to investigate, and requested for someone to email you ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl