TPG Community

Get online support

Ongoing pauses while streaming

dianneforster
Level 2

For several weeks now I have noticed that when I'm streaming Netflix or Stan on my Smart TV there are several little blips every minute similar to a skipped record.

Another matter that appeared at the same time is this: I open a website that I use daily and all instead of recognising the site I get a Captcha notice saying the site isn't recognised. This happens mostly on my Mac but sometimes on my iPhone as well. 

Both of these things happen even when I have only one device connected. 

I have done a few speed checks and everything seems to be really good but even after rebooting my modem and router as well as all of my devices. 

Help!

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @dianneforster

Are you using a Wired or a WiFi connection on your Smart TV?

On your MAC and iPhone, what web browser are you using?

To make sure that we are working on the correct account, please shoot me a private message with your provisioned address.

BasilDV

dianneforster
Level 2

Hi Basil, 

Thanks for responding so quickly. I use wired in WiFi to my Smart Hisense TV. I am using Chrome on both devices. 

I cannot seem to access you directly via private message. When I select the link you provided it doesn't go to you. If it helps, I'm in Surrey Hills, VIC 3127

BasilDV

Hi @dianneforster

If you click the link, it will direct you to the article that will guide you on how to send a private message.

Aside from rebooting the modem/router? Have you tried to factory reset it?

BasilDV

dianneforster
Level 2

No, how do I do a factory re-set, please?

BasilDV

Hi @dianneforster

Before performing the factory reset, please be advised that the changes you've made to your modem/router will go back to default.

If you are still using the TPG provided modem/router, then it will reconnect to the internet automatically after a few minutes.

You may also reconfigure it with the help of our articles on:

BasilDV

dianneforster
Level 2

This would be a lot easier if you could send me the very specific link to do the re-set because when I try to figure out my plan it doesn't match the list that comes up. I have the TPG moden as supplied, I haven't made any changes to the configuration so if you could just point me to the factory re-sent instructions that would help. My account shows that this is my plan:  NBN Cable Broadband SL Bundle 100

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @dianneforster

If you have the TP-Link VR1600 modem/router, then check the instructions here.

You may look on the back of the modem/router, there's a pinhole for the reset button. Just press and hold it until the lights on the modem/router flashes.

BasilDV

dianneforster
Level 2

I've done the re-set but I'm afraid the problem persists. I have attached a screen shot of a speed test I just did. 

Is it time to get a technician to come by?

BasilDV

Hi @dianneforster

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

BasilDV