TPG Community

Get online support

Only able to access a few sites

SOLVED Go to solution
Daniel-
Level 3
Dear All,

In the morning I was able to access all websites freely on my computer which is plugged in using an Ethernet cable. I was able to access everything on my phone, laptop and smartTV. In the evening, I was no longer able to access most of the sites I have been using. I am only able to visit Facebook and YouTube, this is also evident on my phone and laptop which are connected through WiFi.

I have tried turning off my router for more than 30 minutes. Changing my WiFi channel as well as changing the username and password for the WiFi but nothing seems to work.

I have tried using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop and that was successful. My DNS is on auto, I have also tried manual but I’m not too sure what the address should be.

Please provide me with some feedback to this problem.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tonystork
Level 5

@Daniel- wrote:
Dear All,

In the morning I was able to access all websites freely on my computer which is plugged in using an Ethernet cable. I was able to access everything on my phone, laptop and smartTV. In the evening, I was no longer able to access most of the sites I have been using. I am only able to visit Facebook and YouTube, this is also evident on my phone and laptop which are connected through WiFi.

I have tried turning off my router for more than 30 minutes. Changing my WiFi channel as well as changing the username and password for the WiFi but nothing seems to work.

I have tried using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop and that was successful. My DNS is on auto, I have also tried manual but I’m not too sure what the address should be.

Thank you

Yo @Daniel-, are you able to try your laptop connected using Ethernet Cable to see if it's having browing issue?

If yes, you can set and try to use google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8

Else, you can also try to factory reset your modem (pushing the pin whole usually at the back/behind of the modem/router) If you can tell me which modem/router you have I may give you some basic TS tips.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tonystork
Level 5

@Daniel- wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you

Yo @Daniel-, are you able to try your laptop connected using Ethernet Cable to see if it's having browing issue?

If yes, you can set and try to use google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8

Else, you can also try to factory reset your modem (pushing the pin whole usually at the back/behind of the modem/router) If you can tell me which modem/router you have I may give you some basic TS tips.

Daniel-
Level 3

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the great advice! My laptop doesn't have an ethernet cable and I've tried DNS 8.8.8.8. 

The factory reset for the router worked! Thank you so much!

tonystork
Level 5

@Daniel- wrote:

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the great advice! My laptop doesn't have an ethernet cable and I've tried DNS 8.8.8.8. 

The factory reset for the router worked! Thank you so much!

Got chu fam ! Smiley Very Happy