TPG Community

Get online support

PING from my dynamic ip disabled?

shamhat_the_2nd
Level 3

None of the mods from this thread are currently online, so just posting this here instead of PM'ing.

I was at Uni today and using Secure CoPy (scp) via iTerm2 to try and copy across some mp3s from a NAS on my home network.  It was going unusually slowly.  So I had a look at smoke ping, and there it was.  Latency was over 1 second.  So I ssh'ed onto a linux server on my network where my tracerouting script lives and trace routed to all desitnations.  You can take a look for yourself here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CDzRYSF7QVLJ7yzxfzAsWefSLaWZbm9L?usp=sharing

One thing I noticed was that the trouble seems to have begun suddenly and dead on 3pm (see screen shot below), which makes me think it was a scheduled maint in the TPG network where no advisory was posted.  Can anyone confirm this to be the case?  Does TPG not post network advisories for all of its maints?

Best Regards

Shamhat_the_2nd

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 3.32.10 pm.png

Shane

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd,

Thanks for the details.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

I'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time today.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I arranged a call from one of our Technicians tonight on your preferred time.

Please let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians and the connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

Updates will be provided within 24hrs via SMS or phone call.

I will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Regards,

shamhat_the_2nd
Level 3

Hi @Shane

I didnt receieve a call from a tevhnician however I did get a text stating that the case has been escalated to the Engineering department.  Please leave modem turned on.

Regards

Shamhat

Riezl

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd, as advised the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

We'll make a follow up and will have the case engineer contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

Riezl

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd, we can see that the case engineer has been in touch and was able to confirm that the service is now properly working.

Should there be any issues, please let us know. Thank you.

shamhat_the_2nd
Level 3

Hi @Riezl

No engineer contacted me and the service has deteriorated.  

Riezl

Hi @shamhat_the_2nd, our Engineering Team was able to get in touch with Syd who has confirmed that the service is now properly working.

shamhat_the_2nd
Level 3

Hi @Riezl

How do you explain my screenshot if the service is working properly?

Regards

Shamhat