Packet Loss

dionnicky
Level 2

Hi,

I've been experencing high packet loss and jitter for a while now and I'm hoping to find a slolution to this issue. I have tried to contact TPG support but am unable to contac them as they're always saying "currently serving other customers" with no queue to join.

Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @dionnicky,

Welcome to the community!

There are multiple possible reason why you experience Packet Loss.

1. Wireless Connection - In the event that affected device is connected via Wi-Fi, it could be a Wireless Interference Issue, we did an article that you may find helpful about this. Feel free to visit links below.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home 
    Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it? 

2. Over utlized Bandwidth usage - It usually happens if your service is on NBN 12 which comes with 12Mbps download speed and a 1Mbps and there are multiple devices being used at the same time particularly Video Streaming or Online Gaming  (Phones, Tablets, Computers, TV's, Printers, Game Consoles etc) (Netflix,Disney) Gaming (Xbox, Switch). You may need to upgrade your NBN Plan.

We did an article related to this that you may find helpful, see link below.

Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you.

3. Line or Equipment Issue - We'd love to help check the status of the connection feel free to send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!