TPG Community

Get online support

Packet loss over 10%

SOLVED Go to solution
DavidNarra
Level 3
Hi

We have significant packet loss more than 7% see photos attached. Other tests show same(website packet loss test) . TPG technician came to site did testing and could not find packet loss on his tests but runs ookla and packet loss shows there is packet loss. How can TOG test show no packet loss when other tests run do. Technician has test results. Getting new modem- hope that fixes it but I have my doubts. Where to from here.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidNarra
Level 3
Packet loss issue solved. Defective router Which was supplied on installation. Not even 12 months old.even asked to pay for replacement. TPG get a grip on the fact there’s a warranty. No charge after more time wasted but at least we have no packet loss.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @DavidNarra,

To confirm if there's any packet loss from your connection, you may run a continuous ping and tracert test via Wired connection for more accurate result.

I. CONTINUOUS PING:

To conduct a continuous ping, ensure that none of your other PCs are doing internet activity.
        Open up the command prompt of one of your PCs.
        Then kindly conduct ping tests to the following:

Modem Gateway (depending on the make&model of the modem, example: 192.168.1.1)
            Command: ping 192.168.1.1 -n 1000
            TPG website: tpg.com.au
            Command: ping tpg.com.au -n 1000

Wait for the test to finish and for the PING STATISTICS, found at the end, to show up.

II. TRACEROUTE

To conduct a trace route,
        On your command prompt, type "tracert <URL of website>".
            TPG website
            Command: tracert tpg.com.au

We've noticed that you've run the test via a WiFi connection, which is prone to signal interference. Please share the test result, via Wired to take out the possibility of signal interruption.

We also understand that the case is now handled by our Customer Relations team and your case manager will be in touch with you for further updates once available.

BasilDV

DavidNarra
Level 3

Got a new  router and so far it seems to have solved the packet loss problem. Fingers crossed. But I still find it difficult to accept that tests on site by the TPG technician showed no packet loss and we gave him our test results which he could not reproduce on his laptop. Nevertheless a new router is sent and the packet loss is not occurring now. 5 days of solid testing will show. I'll keep everyone informed. But being told everything is fine and that TPG technician tests which are said to be fine when clearly there was a problem with the hardware just isn't confidence building. I'll regard the issue as solved if all goes well over next few days.

DavidNarra
Level 3
Packet loss issue solved. Defective router Which was supplied on installation. Not even 12 months old.even asked to pay for replacement. TPG get a grip on the fact there’s a warranty. No charge after more time wasted but at least we have no packet loss.