TPG Community

Get online support

Parental control on my NBN connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Telecaster
Level 3

Hi there,

I signed up on one of your NBN plans with a 50GB peak quota and and I wanted to know if theres any way to limit usage during specific times of the day?

I also want to know if I can block certain websites as I have young kids and would like to block some.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WayneR
Staff
There's also a lot of programs/firewalls that you can setup that can filter content, set bandwidth limits and even restrict users via logins/mac/ip to specific times of day

Each family is different so always best to research what works best for your household.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Elss
Level 3

Hi @Telecaster

I have used cloud based OpenDNS which is free for households.

If you set your DNS settings in your PC or modem to OpenDNS and confgiure an accout it will control what each device can access. Very good and no charge https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/

Telecaster
Level 3

Thanks @Elss

I was reading that my modem (Huawei 659) has a built in function for parental lock and usage limit based on hrs, might give it ago. If it doesnt suit my needs ill try your option

InfinityPlusTwo
Level 3

I use the time control on my HG 659 at home to stop the kids from using the internet on school days. Works great.

Not so popular with the kids though Smiley Happy

Elss
Level 3

@InfinityPlusTwo could we see some screen shots of the options for controlling just to get an idea of the levels of control and what is possible please. Thanks.

Lightscribe
Level 2

@Elss@Telecaster

Here you go!

Pic 1.JPG

Pic 2.JPG

Telecaster
Level 3
Thanks @Lightscribe. I added some URLs, let's see how things go moving forward
WayneR
Staff
There's also a lot of programs/firewalls that you can setup that can filter content, set bandwidth limits and even restrict users via logins/mac/ip to specific times of day

Each family is different so always best to research what works best for your household.

Lisa
Level 2

hi. This looks great. How do i get to this page? I can't see it when i log onto my account. Thanks 

emma2
Level 2

Hi,  have done all of this and saved it all and it just isn't working for me. I have set time restrictions, and the device that I set them for is still able to access the wifi all the time...

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Emma