TPG Community

Get online support

Planned maintenance going for months interrupting service

sailm81
Level 2
There has been planned maintenance for at least 3 months in my area affecting my internet, which is affecting my university study. I would like to know why I am paying for internet that doesn’t load and is very slow. If there is maintenance how long will it go for? Everytime the planned tome is up, I get sent a new message saying it will go for another long duration. Am I eligible for a refund as I have had to use my mobile data? Is there an actual stop date to this maintenance? When can I expect my internet to resume its original reliability.
4 REPLIES 4
Aubrey

Hi @sailm81, we're keen to check on the details of this planned maintenance and provide you an update. You can send your account details to us via private message

giapeezaa
Level 2

Look for your ISP's planned maintenance schedule on their website. They might have information about the specific maintenance in your area and its expected duration.
Search online for planned maintenance compensation policy" to see if they offer credits for outages.
Remember, being polite but firm with customer service can often lead to better uno game results.

sailm81
Level 2
In the private messages, you said that someone would call me to discuss the ongoing maintenance affecting my internet.. I did not get any call. The maintenance you said ended on the 5th may is still going. For example, I have had no internet all day. My problem, other than paying for a service I don’t seem to be getting, is that every time the planned maintenance period finishes, I get another message informing me of yet another extended period with affected service. When does it become unreasonable to pay for internet when it has been sketchy for 3 months?? I do uni online and I had enrolled before I got the first messages, I cannot push back due dates, and since I am receiving messages that say the interruption will be so many days, I plan for that, but then another message comes..
adib_rahmang
Community Manager

We've sent you a private message, @sailm81.