TPG Community

Get online support

Please cancel my internet account

robeth1126
Level 2

To whom it may concern,

Please cancel my internet account effective immediately.

Robeth1126

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @robeth1126

We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you to stay with us.

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

robeth1126
Level 2

Dear BasilDV,

There is nothing that TPG can do to keep me as a customer. Since submitting my initial comment, I have formally asked for my service to be cancelled. I only posted this message because TPG make it quite difficult to cancel an account, I was looking for a way to do this on-line.

I am elderly, TPG would be well aware of this having my date of birth. I haven't been using a computer for a year or so - my stepson is helping with this communication. My lack of activity online is another thing that is likely to have been obvious to TPG as my data usage has essentially related to the VOIP service.

It would appear that  back in May 2022 my contract must have come to an end, and that I have ended up as a non-contracted TPG user. Not being regularly online, I must have missed any e-mail communication about this. As well, if telephone attempts were made by TPG to explain this change to me, I did not receive them. Another of my stepsons has recently been helping me with my banking, and it was only then that we discovered that from May 2022 extra payments, beyond the monthly contract payment, had been taken by TPG from my credit card. Our first thought was that someone had been piggy backing onto our data, or somehow hacked our account. When my stepson eventually managed to help me access my account online, we were pleased to discover that this was not the case, but appalled to discover that the extra payments were all for calls to mobile phones, charged at $0.39 per minute!

TPG do make clear that the non-contracted M Bundle I was on does not include mobile calls, and the rate they charge for those who do not have a plan with such included. However, as above, this is not what I signed up for, and I was unaware that my plan had changed until I gave one of my stepsons authority to help with my finances. Regardless of my having missed possible communications from TPG on the matter, the prices they are charging for mobile communications, in an age when most people only have mobile phones, is absolutely extortionate. It is also morally reprehensible that TPG did not take further messures to reach out to a clearly ederly customer whose payments to them changed so dramatically.

I do not wish to have any further association with TPG, and I will be warning others to reconsider before having any dealings with TPG.

Sincerely,

Robeth1126.

Shane

Hi @robeth1126 

Could you send me a PM with your details so we can have our accounts team contact you to discuss the cancellation procedure?

How to send a PM?

Regards,