TPG Community

Get online support

Please let me have a public IP address

sunheatyy
Level 2

I need to be able to access my personal NAS from the internet. Please let my service have a public IP address. My account ID is 7002102. Thank you.

UPDATE:

I want a public IP address. I'm not asking for a static public IP address. Just a public IP address. I don't have one at the moment. See attached screenshots.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @sunheatyy . You can find your public ip address by logging in to your router's admin status page.

TPG residential plans have a dynamic ip address which changes from time to time. To avoid having to check all the time, you can set up Dynamic DNS (DDNS). Your router has options for DynDNS (dyndns.com) or No-ip (noip.com). Create an account with one of them and create a name for your server. Your router will update your provider when its ip address changes. The provider will update the DNS in the internet. 

sunheatyy
Level 2

Hi mate, I was not asking for a static public IP address. I was asking for a public IP address.

david64
Level 15

@sunheatyy . One picture shows the WAN details from your router with the ip address given by TPG: 14.202.....    What is your reason for saying this is not a public address?

What web site is saying you are 202.0.95.4?

You could try rebooting the router to get a new address.

hlbcal
Level 2

I'm having a similar problem. The IP I have got on my router status page is not the same as what it detected by whatismyipaddress.com

I also need to access my LAN PC from public internet.

Ahra_G

Hi @hlbcal

As suggested by @david64;

You can find your public IP address by logging in to your router's admin status page.

TPG residential plans have a dynamic ip address which changes from time to time. To avoid having to check all the time, you can set up Dynamic DNS (DDNS).

Your router has options for DynDNS (dyndns.com) or No-ip (noip.com). Create an account with one of them and create a name for your server. Your router will update your provider when its IP address changes. The provider will update the DNS in the internet. 

Regards,

Ahra_G