TPG Community

Get online support

Poor connection with 5G Broadband

MichaelM8
Level 2

Hi,

We switched from NBN to 5G with TPG last month and we were happy with the connection until recently, when we started to experience poor connection and slow download/upload speeds.

We repeated the troubleshooting steps multiple times before eventually calling last week. We were provided with a ticket number and told that technicians would look into it for us. No updates followed for a few days, however after calling we were advised that the issue had been rectified, despite there being no change to our internet speeds. 

That meant another call, another ticket number, and more time waiting. It's been more than week of trying to work from home with a download speed of less than 2mpbs. Are there any other ways to fix this or are these the speeds we need to expect from the 5G Broadband?

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Thanks for raising this to our attention @MichaelM8.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation and raise this further if needed.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

MichaelM8
Level 2

Just wondering when we could expect a resolution for this? I received a very brief call with "we're working on it" late yesterday afternoon, presumably so a box could be ticked saying I was contacted. They were clearly in a hurry to get off the phone and provided me with no other information regarding expected timelines or potential fixes.

We're nearly at the 2 week mark of unusable internet with no explanation or fix in sight. 

BasilDV

Hi @MichaelM8

We checked the ticket and it shows that our Engineers are still investigating the issue.

Will chase this with them and have someone to get in touch with you today to provide further updates.

BasilDV

MichaelM8
Level 2

Hi,

This issue was never resolved, so I decided to switch back to the NBN plan while I consider other providers.

I was told that I would be contacted with instructions regarding the collection of the 5G modem, however I have not heard anything yet.

Can you please advise how I can return the modem so that I do not incur any charges?

Angeli

Hi @MichaelM8

We'll chase this up with our Cancel Team and have them to get in contact with you by email for the home wireless termination.

Regards, 

Angeli