TPG Community

Get online support

Possible line issue with TPG FTTB

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

Hi @davesday, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and they have booked a TPG technician to further investigate the issue. The team is closely monitoring this and you will be contacted by the case engineer as soon as an update from the technician becomes available.

Feel free to message us here should you have further queries. Thank you.

davesday
Level 3

Hi Riezl,

Just updating about my case. I'm happy to inform that my issue has been resolved, for now. A very friendly tech guy came last Friday and rewired the port/cabling in the basement. The modem is now connected for 2 days 15 hours 53 minutes (as of this morning, 9 Dec 2019) and has no disconnection whatsoever. Error packets remained low during this period and is counting at 85 (UL) and 453 (DL) which is a big improvement compared to last time (in the tens of thousand). Service is running fine throughout the weekend and we experienced no interruptions. 

We'll leave it for now and see how it goes for the week. Thank you for your support and also the team at TPG. 

Riezl

Great! We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Should you need any assistance, feel free to message us! Have a wonderful day! Cheers! Smiley Happy

davesday
Level 3
Hi again, unfortunately few months later the problem is occurring again. I get randomly disconnected once in a while. I started with once a week and becoming more frequent over time. Now I get randomly disconnected 1-3 times a day. The modem which is TPG supplied would lose sync and disconnect. This is causing me some grief because I rely heavily on MS Teams for collaboration with my coworkers and also presenting to the management ( due to the pandemic and working from home).

Can we organise another visit by the technician or look into the port condition? My setup has remained the same and not changed. When the connection is working I get good speeds and everything works. It just disconnects when it feels like it.

Thanks again team TPG!
Ahra_G

Hi @davesday

Recent line test shows that your modem is connected to our server for almost a week now which indicates a stable connection. Line also showed no evident line fault. 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

I would still recommend though to closely monitor the connection. We're just a message away for any assistance required. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

davesday
Level 3

Yes, it appears to be stable now and I am happy with the reliability for now. I will continue to monitor the situation. Hopefully it does not reoccur again. Thanks TPG!