TPG Community

Get online support

Regular dropouts especially in the afternoon

sjrm
Level 2

Hi, just had my NBN50 sevice moved to a new address, really happy with the speeds I am getting, but i am getting regular dropouts, especially in the afternoon, three times in the last hour for instance. Can someone please investigate?

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @sjrm 

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

sjrm
Level 2

PM sent. 

sjrm
Level 2

Its dropped out 3 times in the last ten minutes.

BasilDV

Thank you for sending the details via PM.

Your case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be given within 24 to 48 hours as soon as it becomes available.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

sjrm
Level 2
Hi a NBN technician came out yesterday and tested the lines etc and said my tpg router is the issue. Could I please get a replacement sent out?
Riezl

Hi @sjrm, we cannot see any modem replacement recommendation from our Engineering Team. We have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be stable at the moment.

If the issue persists, we will re-escalate this and will advise NBN Co. to further check. If there's really a need for us to replace the TPG modem, you will be advised.

For now, please continue to monitor the connection and drops us a message should you need further assistance. 

sjrm
Level 2

Hi, so today we have gone from 40Mbps download to 10Mbps since early this morning. Please advise? This is getting kind of frustrating, I have been a TPG customer for over ten years I think now.

BasilDV

We apologise for the inconvenience, @sjrm

We'll raise this with our Tech team and have someone to be in touch with you tomorrow for further checking.

BasilDV

sjrm
Level 2

Hi, it was working perfectly after your message and the speed had increased to 35-40Mbps which I was happy with. Just now the speed has gone up to 42Mbps and I have had 3 drop outs in the last hour. I assume the engineers have been trying to find a sweet spot of stability vs speed?