Router connection

dwillmml
Level 2

I recently connected the C1200 to the NBN cable and evrything is going great. But after I restarted my computer I have not been able to connect to the modem. Logging into tplinkwifi.net gives me this error... "Oops! It looks like you aren't connected to your TP-Link network.Please check your network connection and try again" there is nothing in the TP-link hardware FAQ that even describes my problem.
I am connected to the internet through the router. I have tried a release and renew of the IP and a PC and Modem power restart, and still cant access the router settings. I need to access this to set up a printer connection.

I dont want to do factory resets of the modem for fear I am going to lose the connection all together.

Any advice would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @dwillmml,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to know what model number of TP-Link you have?

Can you try to change the settings of your router to  'DHCP mode'

Let me know how it will go.

Regards,

dwillmml
Level 2

@Shanewrote:

Hi @dwillmml,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to know what model number of TP-Link you have?

Can you try to change the settings of your router to  'DHCP mode'

Let me know how it will go.

Shane,

Thanks for the advice.

The TPLink is an Archer C1200 V1.

DHCP was on, it was never turned off and this was on when I recieved the box. However since there was no way of accessing the settings there would have been no way to try this. 

I have since corrected the issue by doing a factory reset.

Thanks anyway for your assistance

Shane

Hi @dwillmml,

I am glad to know that. In case you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to open a thread here in our community.

Have a great day!