Ryde big outage

LastOfTheKai
Level 3

Hi @whale ,

Came up approx 12:45~12:50pm. We have no listed maintenance for the next 10 days but I expect it will do down more.

Cheers

Shane

Hi @LastOfTheKai,

I am sad to learn that you're no connection with the service. Are you still having issues? If so, please send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

On the hand, I ran an initial test your service @whale it shows it has been connected for 4h 52m, please confirm if you're still having issues with the service.

Regards, 

whale
Level 4

@Shane @LastOfTheKai @BasilDV 

Internet dropped out again briefly this morning. Can we start getting an investigation as to why these outages are happening?

whale
Level 4

@Shane @LastOfTheKai @BasilDV @BruceWayne2016 

If you visit the NBN outage page: https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

They have just updated my streets address again with the following:

We are currently performing planned network maintenance. It started on 22 Jul 8:12am and will finish at 22 Jul 11:12am. Services are expected to be affected for a total of 3 hours during this time.

Can we get an explanation for what is going on please?

LastOfTheKai
Level 3

I get a different outage. We are currently performing planned network maintenance. It started on 22 Jul 8:12am and will finish at 22 Jul 6:00pm. Services are expected to be affected for a total of 6 hours during this time.

@Shane @BasilDV can you please clarrify what exactly is going on? We are paying for a service we are not receiving.

BruceWayne2016
Level 2

@LastOfTheKai wrote:

I get a different outage. We are currently performing planned network maintenance. It started on 22 Jul 8:12am and will finish at 22 Jul 6:00pm. Services are expected to be affected for a total of 6 hours during this time.

@Shane @BasilDV can you please clarrify what exactly is going on? We are paying for a service we are not receiving.

I'm also getting the same message - however, at 8 there was no information of planned maintenance. Somewhere, there is an issue. This has been going on for the past 4-5 days and it truly is frustrating for those who have to work from home as well as log in to secure networks to complete their work.

whale
Level 4

@BruceWayne2016 @LastOfTheKai @Shane @BasilDV @soju 

And on the NBN outage warning site this message below never changes...

Upcoming maintenance

Next 10 days

Nothing planned at this time.

But every day they just insert a new "planned outage" (after it has happened). And they don't give any reason/explanation for what is going on. (This is the 5 or 6th day of this)

TPG please investigate what is going on. Call the NBN and ask them specifically what is going on? How much longer will this go on and why is their notification system so broken?

Shane

We appreciate your feedback an we apologise for the inconvenience. We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and confirmed that the service is now working. The issue was caused by an unplanned outage. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

@BruceWayne2016 @LastOfTheKai @Shane @BasilDV @soju 

And on the NBN outage warning site this message below never changes...

Upcoming maintenance

Next 10 days

Nothing planned at this time.

But every day they just insert a new "planned outage" (after it has happened). And they don't give any reason/explanation for what is going on. (This is the 5 or 6th day of this)

TPG please investigate what is going on. Call the NBN and ask them specifically what is going on? How much longer will this go on and why is their notification system so broken?

whale
Level 4

@Shane wrote:

The issue was caused by an unplanned outage. Let us know should you require further assistance.

On the NBN website it says (as I posted above): "We are currently performing planned network maintenance."
Either way... could you please explain what is the cause of all these outages? Saying something is planned/unplanned doesn't tell us the underlying cause. Has TPG contacted NBN regarding this issue?

Thank you.

whale
Level 4

@Shane @BasilDV @LastOfTheKai @BruceWayne2016 @soju 

There was another small outage today.
I went to look at the NBN outage site it said this:

"Planned maintenance is currently taking place.

We are currently performing planned network maintenance. It started on 24 Jul 11:50am and will finish at 24 Jul 6:00pm. Services are expected to be affected for a total of 3 hours during this time.

For information on how this may impact your service, please contact your phone and internet provider."

At this point, after 7 days of this... I don't it can be classified as "unplanned". After 7 days of outages... there has to be some sort of plan.
Why can't they explain what is going on, give ETAs and put proper warnings up on their outage page?