TPG Community

Get online support

SEA ping gone up to 330ms from 100ms Queensland- Gold Coast

Gupp
Level 2

Hi, 

As of 2 days ago my ping to SEA has  gone massive. No packet loss or anything but 230ms has been added to most SEA connections. Appears similar to this old post (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Ping-High/m-p/70752). 

When I connect to a game with 5 other OCE players they all have normal 100ms and only I have 330ms. Also swapping between NA-WEST, NA-EAST, Europe and other games with OCE all produce normal ping, only SEA seems to be affected.

Thanks in advance,

Gupp
Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Mike105
Level 2

I got the same problem Smiley Sad

BasilDV

Hi @Gupp 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

We'd like to run some tests on the line and see what we can do to improve it.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Gupp
Level 2

Thank you, PM has been sent!

Edit: Also I thought it might be 1 game specific but all games with asia or sea are presenting same 330ms ping

Gupp

david64
Master

Hi @Gupp . Do you know the hostname or ip address of one of the slow game servers you use? 

If so, do tracert command to see where delays are occurring.

Command is  tracert  followed by hostname or ip address. Copy and paste the result back here.

Regarding the 5 OCE players you mention, are they with other providers?

Can you get one of them to do the tracert to the same server as you to compare times.

Gupp
Level 2

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've spoken with TPG support and they have said there is nothing they can do from their end. I couldn't find the ip for the game servers that I play but I tested to the League Of Legends ones and I've attached. I'm really hoping the lax and osc isn't Los Angeles and Osaka hahaha. Any ideas on what could be causing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gupp 

Could you try another tracert/ping test on any SEA hosted website and post the test result for additional reference on this particular case.

Regards,

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've spoken with TPG support and they have said there is nothing they can do from their end. I couldn't find the ip for the game servers that I play but I tested to the League Of Legends ones and I've attached. I'm really hoping the lax and osc isn't Los Angeles and Osaka hahaha. Any ideas on what could be causing it?