TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866 5G Modem signal lights flashing and slow internet speeds

stevegiles83
Level 2

For the last few weeks, my 5g Home Broadband has been giving me nothing but problems after the first two months of working impeccibly well. I've had ongoing issues of the internet disconnecting every 15 to 30 mins and very slow internet speeds. 

Every couple of minutes, all of the green signal lights go out, flash on and off again a few times and then the green lights are stable until the process just repeats itself. 

I called Support about a week ago, and they didn't really suggest anything other than there was some upgrade and maintenance happening in my area. When I check the network status page, all of that seems to be resolved now but I'm still having problems. 

Unfortunately, I'm not very tech minded. I've tried turning the modem on and off again, I've tried moving it to different parts of my house. I've tried disconnecting any additional devices. I've done a hard reset. I don't know what else I can really do. 

I'm fed up with weeks of dealing with internet problems after it was working so smoothly. If I can't resolve this soon, I'm going to have to look at cancelling my service. 

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @stevegiles83 ,

Let us help see what causing slow connection with your 5G Home broadband and get to the bottom of this. Since you have performed most of the basic troubleshooting, could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can coordinate this with our Technical Team.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

For the last few weeks, my 5g Home Broadband has been giving me nothing but problems after the first two months of working impeccibly well. I've had ongoing issues of the internet disconnecting every 15 to 30 mins and very slow internet speeds. 

Every couple of minutes, all of the green signal lights go out, flash on and off again a few times and then the green lights are stable until the process just repeats itself. 

I called Support about a week ago, and they didn't really suggest anything other than there was some upgrade and maintenance happening in my area. When I check the network status page, all of that seems to be resolved now but I'm still having problems. 

Unfortunately, I'm not very tech minded. I've tried turning the modem on and off again, I've tried moving it to different parts of my house. I've tried disconnecting any additional devices. I've done a hard reset. I don't know what else I can really do. 

I'm fed up with weeks of dealing with internet problems after it was working so smoothly. If I can't resolve this soon, I'm going to have to look at cancelling my service. 

BrunswickHouse
Level 2

Hey,

I've been having the exact same issue as above.

After months of it working smoothly, it's abrubtly become unusable. The signal strength from the provider is now reading as quite low in the mobile configuration, and no matter where it's moved to in the house it doesn't improve. The Sagemcom will show 3 bars, drop to 2, then all four will start flashing and the modem seems to drop out entirely. It then returns to 3 bars and begins the cycle all over again. All of this happening across maybe two minutes.

It's incredibly frustrating. Was there ever a solution for this?

Shane

Hi @stevegiles83 

If the modem's 5G signal is changing, it is possibly caused by interference that the device is not getting clear line-of-sight from the tower. You can try to relocate the modem near the window or in an elevator location.

Let us know if there will be an improvement.

Regards,

Hey,

I've been having the exact same issue as above.

After months of it working smoothly, it's abrubtly become unusable. The signal strength from the provider is now reading as quite low in the mobile configuration, and no matter where it's moved to in the house it doesn't improve. The Sagemcom will show 3 bars, drop to 2, then all four will start flashing and the modem seems to drop out entirely. It then returns to 3 bars and begins the cycle all over again. All of this happening across maybe two minutes.

It's incredibly frustrating. Was there ever a solution for this?

BrunswickHouse
Level 2

Hi,

As I mentioned, changing the device's location in the house hasn't had any affect. Having moved it entirely across both floors, near and not near windows, we haven't seen any improvements. Nor was it a problem for almost a year of having this modem. 

It's also inconsistent. During the day, the internet is almost entirely unusable. Disconnecting every other second. At night, it's still problematic but stable enough to be somewhat useable. 

BasilDV

Hi @BrunswickHouse

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see how can we help.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

ororomonrow
Level 2

Hey there, 

I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. Signal lights flashing consistently regardless of where the modem is placed in the home. I have even resorted to using an ethernet cable for my PC but even that hasnt helped. The speeds fluctuate between excellent to abysmal, and checking disruptions iin the area there are currently none at this time. 

Did you end up finding a fix?

kate_

Hey @ororomonrow,

Let's take a deeper look into what's happening, and get your service back to its best.

Send through a Private Message here with your account details and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,

kate_