TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866T buggy UI. Firmware update?

mac0z
Level 2

Hi,

I just connected to TPG 5G Home Broadband with the Sagemcom 5866T. 

After the initial set-up and changing SSIDs and passwords, the WIFI management function has dropped off the UI meaning that it is now impossible to make changes to the WIFI. 

I am on software version SGJy100058 and have tried multiple factory resets.

Is there a firmware update that can fix the web management issue?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @mac0z

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

The modem/router is currently running with the latest firmware available.

BasilDV

mac0z
Level 2

Thanks for your response. I have tried both wired and wireless and it is the same issue.

I have attached a screenshot of the problem if someone from TPG is inclined to escalate this to Sagemcom for a fix. 

On my unit, the GUI is just buggy all round, but the modem and internet seems to work fine.

BasilDV

Hi @mac0z 

Did you factory reset using the button inside a pinhole or the modem interface?

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . Which one is it? You've told this user that SGJy100058 is the latest firmware. 

In this thread:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Sagemcom-5866t-Firmware-Update-amp-Wifi-Ping-TPG-...

you've told this user that SGJy10021E is the latest.

There should be a Support page maintained by the engineering team (or whoever generates the firmware) of the latest firmware versions for all routers officially supported by TPG.

mac0z
Level 2

Hi Basildv,

I have tried both. I still have the same problem.

I either have a bad unit or the Sagemcom is not fit for purpose without a firmware fix.

Thanks anyway.

Shane

Hi @mac0z ,

Basil is not available at this time. Could you ping me a message with your details so we can check what other options we have to fix this modem issue?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi Basildv,

I have tried both. I still have the same problem.

I either have a bad unit or the Sagemcom is not fit for purpose without a firmware fix.

Thanks anyway.

david64
Level 15

@Shane . You might like to answer the question I asked Basil yesterday in this thread which he hasn't answered.

mac0z
Level 2

Thanks @Shane . 

I sent you a PM.